Out of stock
Discover the fascinating story behind the preservation of the greatest Book in human history
“The Forbidden Book” is unlike anything you have ever seen before. Hosted by Dr. Craig Lampe, this one-hour documentary takes you on a fascinating journey through time. Follow our film crew across Europe as we SHOW YOU all the important places of Christian history.
- Learn how Gods Word was originally scribed in Hebrew and Greek.
- Walk with Dr. Lampe among the ruins of the very first Christian Church ever built above ground- not in Israel, but in England!
- Discover how the Word was preserved through the 1,000 year period of the Dark and Middle Ages, when possession of scripture in any language other than Latin meant certain death at the hands of the organized church.
- Uncover the truth about the misunderstood books called “Apocrypha” that were printed in every Protestant Christian’s Bible until 1885.
- Meet John Wycliffe, the first person to translate the Bible into English and see his church, which is still offering Sunday services today, as it has since the 1300’s.
- Look at the door where Martin Luther, the first person to print the Bible in German, nailed his 95 Theses, starting the Protestant Reformation.
- See William Tyndale’s illegal printing shop, which is a book store today, and find out why Tyndale was executed for being the first person to print the scriptures in English.
- Find out about the 1535 first complete printed English Bible of Myles Coverdale, the 1537 Matthews Bible, and King Henry the Eighth’s 1539 “Great Bible” the first legal English Bible.
- Learn why the Bible of the Protestant Reformation, the 1560 English Geneva Bible, had to be printed in Switzerland due to the reign of Queen “Bloody” Mary.
- See how the 1568 Bishops Bible was revised to become the 1611 King James Bible, and how the King James version slowly replaced the much more popular Geneva Bible among early American Colonists.
“The Forbidden Book” is simply the most captivating and informative video ever produced on the subject of how we got the Bible, and how God has preserved His Word for thousands of years to countless generations.
58 Minutes. 2004. New Liberty Videos.